Yesterday was my long day at chemo since I also got Herceptin. My appointment wasn't until 1:30 pm, so we didn't get done until after 4. Everything went well and I feel great today.
I mentioned to the nurse that even though I had tried Tylenol PM one week and Simply Sleep another week, I still couldn't sleep more than about 2 or 3 hours the night of chemo. She called my oncologist, who called in a script for Restoril to help. IT DID! Yeah! I took it at 8 pm last night and fell asleep sometime before 10. Only awoke once around 1 am, but was awake for good about 4:30 am. I didn't get up til 5:45, but still, about 7 hours sleep is much, much better than 2 or 3!! My doctor also decreased my dosage of steroids so I think contributed a lot as well. I wasn't as hyper when I got home as I usually am.
Still no side effects other than fatigue so I have no complaints. I still pray that everything on the inside is working like it should. I think I mentioned on the previous blog that we'll get the results of the CT Scan and MUGA scan on June 17. The scans will be done on June 10.
Thanks again and again for your prayers, emails, blog comments, cards, etc.
My dear friend Kathy in Montana cited this one for me back in February. It's always been a favorite, but took on new meaning during that time. I don't remember which Bible version I copied this from in my notebook of favorite scriptures. It's either NJKV or NIV.
So, the scripture for today:
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sleep is always good. Glad you are able to get some more!
I too wanted to comment on the sleep! It makes such a difference and I'd would think especially it would be important for you at this time. Anyway, it sounds like you're doing very well. Glad you posted again.
I pray you get more sleep soon. That is no fun. You need your rest to keep you strong!
Glad things are going well for you!
Oh great news on your sleep! Your amazing attitude is such a testament to your faith!
Jenny:
I attend church in Henderson, KY with the Puryears/Newmans, etc.... We are keeping you in our prayers!
I really like this webpage! Keep smiling and shining!
--Mary Steely
MOM to Sarah Catherine (11) and W.D. (7)
Post a Comment