Saturday, November 22, 2008

Feeling Good

I have been taking all my new meds for over a week now and have had no side effects! YEAH

Just the past couple of days I've noticed fatigue starting again, but hopefully it won't get as bad as with the Taxotere. My "week off" of the chemo pills starts Wednesday, so just 3 more days of that.

I am still feeling mostly no pain, but have occasional achiness in a couple places. It's not enough to even want any pain medication.

Since the last update, I've been back to the doctor's office for the follow-up for the clinical trial. Very routine and more bloodwork. I go back again this Wednesday for the same all over again.

I'm nervous about my next dose of Zometa that I will get on Dec. 3. I told my oncologist how bad I felt and she has given instructions to give the next dose over 30 minutes with fluids. She said that should help. I just couldn't function the day after the first dose. It was all I could do to walk across the room and I had no appetite, plus I had chills for about 24 hours. I was glad Mom was here.....she had to take Gunner to school because I couldn't. It was just really weird because when I had the side effects, they didn't start until about 18 hours after the dose.

Well that's all about me.

Please pray for my friends from Oklahoma who are participating in the 3-day 60 mile Susan G. Komen walk in California this weekend! They raised $20,000 for breast cancer research. I pray they all have a safe walk and safe trips home to their families. I pray that they have no injuries and sleep well in their tents after their long days. I love you guys!

2 comments:

Sydni said...

It sounds like you have a good oncologist who will try to make this next dose go better... another thing we can specifically pray about. Thanks for the update.

Pam said...

Thanks for the shout out, Jenny! The 3-Day was awesome... an experience I will never forget. I thought of you often while I was walking. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well. Love you lots!