Friday, March 27, 2009

GOOD RESULT!

I received the call from my surgeon on Tuesday morning (3/24) that the biopsy of my thyroid nodule has no cancerous or precancerous cells. He wants me to have a follow up ultrasound in 6 months. Hallelujah! Praise God!

Back to the biopsy that I was so concerned about.........it wasn't that bad after all. I did keep my eyes closed the whole time they had the needles out though. The ultrasound tech was fun to cut up with and the radiologist was very nice. He told me when he was done that it "appeared" to just be a cyst. I didn't tell him I didn't want to believe him, I just said "thank you". Getting prepared for the biopsy and waiting after it was done to make sure I wasn't bleeding inside took the longest.

I want to says THANKS again for the prayers. I still haven't heard from my oncologist yet for the results of the most recent PET/CT scan. I left a message this morning with the nurse, and I hope to hear before the weekend.

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Praise God! Great news. One more thing I can thank God for!