Tuesday, January 6, 2009

:-) :-) :-)

I got the call from my oncologist about an hour ago and I should have been more confident! I received good news!

First, the breast tumor shows 80% less activity than before! She didn't have measurements of the tumor itself, and I will get those on my next visit Jan 14. Anyway, less activity is wonderful! That means that what we're doing is working. :-)

Second, the metastases in my bones looked better. Not a drastic improvement, but improvement nonetheless. :-)

Third, the MUGA was 58%. It measures the pumping of blood thru your heart if I'm not mistaken. As long as it's above 50% it's good. :-)

Fourth, there was a spot on my thyroid that she wants to have looked at. An ultrasound is being scheduled for next Wed. This spot did not show activity on the PET, but she wants to take a look anyway. She said it shouldn't be anything to be worried about. OK, I worry anyway.

Thanks so much for all your prayers, emails, etc. I deeply appreciate your concern for me and my health. I can't believe all that has happened in less than a year. I will soon have my first anniversary of diagnosis. There have certainly been ups and downs, but your prayers have been constant and I can not thank all of you enough. Many hugs go out to all of you!

Love,
Jenny

This is the verse that's been on my heart since before the holidays. Please don't give up praying for anyone who needs it, no matter how big or small the matter. God hears ALL our prayers and answers them all according to His will and in His time.

Galatians 6:9-10
(NKJV)
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith."

9 comments:

Loree said...

That's great. God is working in your life!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
You know you have been in my constant prayers. I'm so thankful that God has given you good news. Please keep fighting - I know how strong you are and you can win this nasty battle.

Lots of love,
Michelle Springer

Anonymous said...

That is good news. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Good news, Jenny! God bless you always!

Bobby

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you finally recieved some good news from the doctor. Waiting is very hard to do! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam said...

JENNY! That's great news. I think about you and pray for you all the time. I wish we were closer and could visit more. Love ya lots!

Sydni said...

This is such great news! Thank you for sharing the results. I can't believe it has been almost a year. You've been and continue to be such an inspiration and example of a godly lady. We continue to pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I'm glad that the test results had good news. Patience is a hard virtue to have. Wishing a healthier 2009 for you! Your attitude is amazing and inspires us! Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I'm glad that the test results had good news. Patience is a hard virtue to have. Wishing a healthier 2009 for you! Your attitude is amazing and inspires us! Love, Jean