I have been walking several nights a week with our dog Goldie. Sometimes I even get the urge to jog! I thought about making this post a while back and put it off because I didn't want to sit and copy song lyrics.
Anyway, I've been using Jeff's MP3 player (I do not have my own) and one of my favorite songs to walk to is "Pure Gold" by Earth, Wind and Fire from their Illumination CD produced in 2004 (I copied the lyrics from the CD insert as they were written):
PURE GOLD by EARTH, WIND AND FIRE
WALK IN THE LIGHT
THAT SHINES SO BRIGHT
LET YOUR SOUL FEEL THE RIGHT
OF IT'S PURE GOLD
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
WALK IN THE LIGHT
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
BRING SUBSTANCE IN YOUR LIFE
WON'T YOU WAKE, WAKE UP
WALK IN THE LIGHT
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
WHERE'S YOUR HEART
WHERE'S YOUR PRIDE
HAS IT ALL BEEN PUSHED ASIDE
LAVISH DREAMS, LIVIN' HIGH
WITH NO SUBSTANCE IN YOUR LIFE
IT'S A HARD WORLD I KNOW
SO DON'T GIVE INTO THE LIE'S
OU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A STAR
EVERYTHING YOU NEEDS INSIDE YOUR HEART
CHORUS:
OOH, YOUR LIFE IS SPECIAL
REALLY SPECIAL, YEAH
YOUR TREASURE LYE'S IN YOUR SOUL
TRUTH IN LIFE WILL BLESS YA
(IT WILL BLESS YA)
RICHES COME AND GO
ONLY LOVE IS PURE GOLD
MANY HEARTS, MANY LIVES
HAVE BEEN TOUCHED
WHEN YOU REALIZE
THAT YOU'RE WORTHY
YOU'RE THE PRIZE
BUT YOU HAVE TO HEAL INSIDE
IT'S A HARD WORLD I KNOW
BUT DON'T GIVE INTO THE LIES
YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A STAR
EVERYTHING YOU NEEDS
INSIDE YOUR HEART
(SEE YA) ALWAYS ON THE GRIND
(BUT 'CHA) NEED SOME PIECE OF MIND
(WON'T CHA) SLOW DOWN TAKE YOUR TIME
THERE'S A MILLION WAYS TO SHINE
(WHEN YOU) LET THE WORLDLY THANGS
(START TO) CONTROL YOUR DESTINY
(YOU GOTTA) WAKE UP MAKE A CHANGE
AND THEN YOU'LL FIND
YOUR STARS WILL ALIGN, YEAH
OOH, YOUR LIFE IS SPECIAL
REALLY SPECIAL, YEAH
YOUR TREASURE LYE'S IN YOUR SOUL
TRUTH IN LIFE WILL BLESS YA
(IT WILL BLESS YA)
RICHES COME AND GO
ONLY LOVE IS PURE GOLD
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
WALK IN THE LIGHT
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
BRING SUBSTANCE IN YOUR LIFE
WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
WALK IN THE LIGHT, WON'T YOU WAKE UP, WAKE UP
OOH, YOUR LIFE IS SPECIAL
REALLY SPECIAL, YEAH
YOUR TREASURE LYE'S IN YOUR SOUL
TRUTH IN LIFE WILL BLESS YA
(IT WILL BLESS YA)
RICHES COME AND GO
ONLY LOVE IS PURE GOLD
I bought the CD in the summer of 2006 because I've always liked Earth, Wind and Fire's music. Right after I got it, Jeff surprised me with tickets to see them in OKC. It was soooo hot that summer and I was pregnant with Brandon.......this was an outdoor concert. We absolutely enjoyed the concert and had a good time. I don't even remember if they performed this song, but I never really listened to the words of this particular track til I started walking a couple months back.
I just wanted to share it with you because I think you can take these lyrics and apply them to yourself in your own way.
I am so blessed to have so many friends who love me enough to pray for me during the battle of my life. Thank you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love you Jenny.
Post a Comment